Strawberries πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“

What comes to mind when you think about or better yet see Strawberries πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“?
Me?: lots and lots of RED. Small dots/ holes kinda. & the thoughtπŸ€” of its sweetness, its beauty and that it seems perfect that it looks fake☺

I don't remember the first time I tasted strawberries &/ whereπŸ€” but recently I've started adding them to my diet and i love them! Thinking back to my younger days in Fiji when strawberry flavoured food products would be my very favourite ---from ice creams, yoghurts, cookies, chocolates, and so much more. Oh those were the days! In December 2017, I moved to the States which wasn't planned its more a personal reason that I have to stay for awhile.

There are currently two Cities that I live in, in California. Most of my time is spent in Petaluma and will talk about this city later in my blog. Here is where I picked up the Strawberry fest! Closer to Summer and them strawberries are blooming! πŸ“

For the past 4 weekends now we have been getting a box of strawberries from a highway stand in Petaluma ---mind you next to their farm! They are freshly picked on Fridays and today resulting from being early we got strawberries that were just picked ten minutes before!! [To edit: i will post photos of the market and hopefully the farm in the near future --- be sure to look out for that addition. Keep in mind i just decided today to start a new blog πŸ˜‰]. Anyway did I tell you how much I love them? Totally! It can be for breakfast, lunch, dinner, for desert (either with ice cream or whipped cream) and baked for cake mmmm. They don't last long though, so when you get them make sure to use them within the next 2 - 3 days.
Fav desert: ice-cream, strawberries, whip-cream

They say that Strawberries have tons of health benefits and should become part of your everyday life. Some benefits are (reference INTERSHAPES):
  • keep heart diseases away;
  • prevent several cancer;
  • helps lower blood pressure;
  • protect skin from damage;
  • promote eye health;
  • support heathy pregnancy;
  • helps in weight management;
  • promote healthy bones;
  • boost brain functioning;
  • maintains fiber in body;
  • helps to reduce muscle swelling;
  • having anti-aging properties.
Well "whoever" knows if they are true? I will let you know once I see any improvements in me πŸ‘€ ---as mentioned above I have just started adding strawberries into my diet.

**Check out INTERSHAPES when you have time! They focus on Health and not so much on weight. They have some health tips, food and more for you!

Comments

Popular Posts